AoftheA Has Moved!!!!!

Why are you here? I'm over here now:

Acts of the Apostasy...on WordPress!

Click the link and read all the new stuff! Your friends are over there waiting for you!

Instant "Acts"ess

You're one click away from AoftheA's most recent posts:

Today Is The Day
Get ready for it.
Okay Then, That Was Unexpected...
Weird.
Church Art Shouldn't Make You Say "Blech!"
Or cringe.
Cardinal Urges Priests To Liven Up Sermons
I got some ideas...
New Translation Objections Are Becoming More Ridiculous
Grasping at straws...
This Comes As No Surprise
Up with the ex-communicated!
Things A Catholic Ought Never Say
Watch your mouth!
Sister Patricia: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday
Catching up with Sr Pat.
Just Thought You'd Like To Know...
A public service announcement.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pfleger Pfollow-up

The front page of the Archdiocese of Chicago has this on its home page:


It's a statement from Fr. Pfleger, and it reads:
On Sunday, April 11, while preaching a sermon on the power of fear, I was referring to the fear that paralyzed the apostles, locking them in a room, leaving only John and the women at the foot of the cross.  I stated that is why I believe women ought to be able to be ordained, as well as priests ought to be able to get married.


While this is my personal opinion, I do respect and follow the Catholic Church teachings and I am sorry I failed to do this.

Rev. Michael L. Pfleger
Not much of an apology, IMHO. Nor is it a retraction of statements made in his homily.  Seems to me he's only sorry that his 'personal opinions' were broadcast across the Internet, and not for the fact that his 'opinions' are contrary to Church teaching.  Thoughts?


s/s to Fr. Z