AoftheA Has Moved!!!!!

Why are you here? I'm over here now:

Acts of the Apostasy...on WordPress!

Click the link and read all the new stuff! Your friends are over there waiting for you!

Instant "Acts"ess

You're one click away from AoftheA's most recent posts:

Today Is The Day
Get ready for it.
Okay Then, That Was Unexpected...
Weird.
Church Art Shouldn't Make You Say "Blech!"
Or cringe.
Cardinal Urges Priests To Liven Up Sermons
I got some ideas...
New Translation Objections Are Becoming More Ridiculous
Grasping at straws...
This Comes As No Surprise
Up with the ex-communicated!
Things A Catholic Ought Never Say
Watch your mouth!
Sister Patricia: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday
Catching up with Sr Pat.
Just Thought You'd Like To Know...
A public service announcement.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Progressive Catholyc Pick-up Lines

The other day, The Badger Catholic linked to a Twitter thread listing "Trad pick-up lines", and he posted his ten favorite ones. Such as -
"Look, I know you're not interested (in) me personally, but how about some Redemptive Suffering?"

"Excuse me, is this seat vacant?"
This begs the obvious question - what would Catholyc pick-up lines sound like?

"Hi - I saw you from the other side of the room, and I was filled with an immediate call to action."

"How 'bout you and me go prove that Humanae Vitae is over-rated?"

"Wanna come to my place and see my autographed Joan Chittister picture?"

"Has anyone ever told you that you'd make a beautiful womynpreest?"

"Heaven's missing a theological construct meant to represent the interactive force of cosmic reality, and I think I just found her."

"I feel like I'm in a labyrinth because I keep getting lost in your eyes."

"If the spirit of Vatican II had your body, the church would be in way better shape."

"If the Church ever ordained you a woman bishop, I'd let you lay hands on me."

"I have an extra sign for the ordination protest at the cathedral. Interested?"

Got suggestions? Leave 'em in the combox.