AoftheA Has Moved!!!!!

Why are you here? I'm over here now:

Acts of the Apostasy...on WordPress!

Click the link and read all the new stuff! Your friends are over there waiting for you!

Instant "Acts"ess

You're one click away from AoftheA's most recent posts:

Today Is The Day
Get ready for it.
Okay Then, That Was Unexpected...
Weird.
Church Art Shouldn't Make You Say "Blech!"
Or cringe.
Cardinal Urges Priests To Liven Up Sermons
I got some ideas...
New Translation Objections Are Becoming More Ridiculous
Grasping at straws...
This Comes As No Surprise
Up with the ex-communicated!
Things A Catholic Ought Never Say
Watch your mouth!
Sister Patricia: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday
Catching up with Sr Pat.
Just Thought You'd Like To Know...
A public service announcement.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Catholyc Chat Acronyms

As most everyone out there knows, commenters and texters and chat-room lurkers use a wide range of well-known acronyms. LOL, BRB, and ROFL are just a few of the most common shorthand acronyms, and there are scads more. Most, unfortunately, are inappropriate for family-friendly blogs and such.

But did you know that Catholycs have their own set of acronyms too? It's true! IWNL2U!*

I've compiled a list of the more common ones -

BRB = "Bless Roy Bourgeios"
LOL = "Lost On Labyrinth"
LMBO = "Love My Barack Obama" or "Laughing My Birkenstocks Off!"
LMAO = "Latin Masses Are Offensive"
WWJD = "What Would Joan Do?"
FWIW = "Father Won't Invite Women!"
OMG = "Oh My Godde"
BTW = "Bless The Womynpreests!" or "Breaking The (stained-glass) Window"
IMHO ="Ignorant Male Hierarchy Opinions"
IIRC = "I'm In (my) Right Conscience" or "Infallibility Is Really Contrived"
AFK = "All For Kung!"
PSA = "Pantsuit Sale Alert!"
ROFL = "Reiki On Friday, Ladies"
ROFLMAO = "Reiki On Friday, Ladies. Meet After Oujia"
AFAIK = "All Faiths Are Identical, Kids"

Now here are some you've probably never seen before -

IFMCUFURS - "I'll Follow My Conscience, You Follow Yours"
IVMCUVURS - "I'll Vote My Conscience, You Vote Yours"
JDSL - "Jesus Didn't Speak Latin"
IDH2G2MES2BAGC - "I Don't Have To Go To Mass Every Sunday To Be A Good Catholic"
FRMcBL2GE - "From Richard McBrien's Lips To Godde's Ears"
DAR2BTP? - "Did Anyone Remember To Bring The Puppets?"
CUIHBTIAHUNO - "See You In Heaven Because There Isn't A Hell, Y'know"
IDNAAB4MAJBTCSS - "I Don't Need An Annulment Before Marrying Again Just Because The Church Says So"
ILUVAMHS - "I Love All Marty Haugen's Songs"
WURSPOP&BI&URSR4G - "Write Your Sins on a Piece Of Paper And Burn It And Your Sins Are Forgiven"

If you've got some to add, leave 'em in the combox.

*I Would Not Lie To You