AoftheA Has Moved!!!!!

Why are you here? I'm over here now:

Acts of the Apostasy...on WordPress!

Click the link and read all the new stuff! Your friends are over there waiting for you!

Instant "Acts"ess

You're one click away from AoftheA's most recent posts:

Today Is The Day
Get ready for it.
Okay Then, That Was Unexpected...
Weird.
Church Art Shouldn't Make You Say "Blech!"
Or cringe.
Cardinal Urges Priests To Liven Up Sermons
I got some ideas...
New Translation Objections Are Becoming More Ridiculous
Grasping at straws...
This Comes As No Surprise
Up with the ex-communicated!
Things A Catholic Ought Never Say
Watch your mouth!
Sister Patricia: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday
Catching up with Sr Pat.
Just Thought You'd Like To Know...
A public service announcement.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If St.John Had Blogged Revelation...

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU, 96

Another Vision Of An Angel

Sorry about the delay between posts, everyone. It's been storming the past few days, and I think a lightning strike fried my modem the other night. I was just able to get back on-line this morning.

Anyway, here's my latest vision...

Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring; when he called out, the seven thunders had sounded. And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down."


And the angel whom I saw standing on sea and land lifted up his right hand to heaven and swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there should be no more delay, but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God, as he announced to his servants the prophets, should be fulfilled.

Then the voice which I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, "Go, take the scroll which is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land." So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll; and he said to me. "Take it and eat; it will be bitter to your stomach, but sweet as honey in your mouth." And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it; it was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. And I was told, "You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and tongues and kings."

POSTED BY JOHN THE EVANGELIST AT YOM SHLISI, SIMANU, 96
LABELS: ANGELS, VISION

......................................................................................................

16 Comments:

Bardus Skepticus said...

You keep claiming these are "visions from God", but where's your proof? You could be just experiencing hallucinations that anybody who's been exiled on an island would probably have.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 8:15 AM

Polycarp said...

...a lightning strike fried my modem...

John - you ought to get a surge protector.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 8:49 AM

Magnus Bopperitus said...

OK, let me get this straight. This angel comes out of the sky, it's legs made of fire, and it stands with one foot in the water, but his fire leg doesn't go out? That makes no sense at all.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 9:23 AM

Flavius Flava Flave said...

That makes no sense at all.

Well, whaddya expect? These are the same people who claim that a Nazarene carpenter was raised from the dead. They claim he 'multiplied' some bread and fish, too, but everyone knows that the crowds brought their own food. Reason and logic will never get through their thick heads.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 9:58 AM

Papias of Hierapolis said...

Magnus, these are visions. A gift from God. They are similar to dreams in that they must be interpreted in order to be better understood. Before succumbing to doubt and derision, I counsel that we wait until John's visions cease before we try to interpret them.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 10:19 AM

Anonymous said...

Well, I was interested in these visions up until a couple weeks ago where John said he saw seven angels blowing trumpets, and there were flaming mountains falling from the sky and fire and brimstone, and then a bunch of the horses blew sulfur and smoke out their nostrils, killing a third of humanity...combine that with the seven seals business, and I'm chalking this up as more hackneyed apocalyptic literature that's all the rage these days. Yawn.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 10:43 AM

Polycarp said...

Papias, don't feed the trolls, man.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 11:08 AM

Justinian said...

IMHO, I don't think it's prudent to follow any apparition or locution that hasn't been approved by someone in authority.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 11:35 AM

John the Evangelist said...

I'll try to respond to your comments.

Bardus - we've had this discussion before. Visions are different than hallucinations, in that hallucinations are typically accepted by the subject as being reality, whereby I know that these visions are not reality, but signs and wonders revealed to me by God, either as allegorical or representations of some future, unknown event. These visions are not for my benefit, but I believe they are for the benefit of others, for the benefit of those who believe.

Polycarp - did that. When the modem got replaced, the tech threw in a surge protector. And your advice to Papias is most wise.

Flavius - no miracle of the multiplication of loaves and fishes? What, were you there??? If that miracle was false, along with the claim of Jesus' resurrection, along with all the other miracles that have been recorded, would I then be willingly exiled...for a bunch of lies? Give it some thought - apply some of that reason and logic.

Justinian - the apostle Paul said to test all things, and retain what is true. As one who knew Jesus personally, and cared for His mother, is not my word a sufficient test? Still, your difficulty in accepting my visions does not indicate a weakness in faith on your part, only a pure willingness to submit to proper authority. Perhaps some day in the future, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, these words I speak and visions I witness will be as authoritative as the Torah itself. But that would be God's will, not mine.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 12:03 PM

Bardus Skepticus said...

As I pointed out on a previous post, the crucial thing your story is lacking is a control group. Without a control group, there's no way to prove you're having visions (fine - I'll use your word if it makes you happy) and not just making stuff up.

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 12:21 PM

John the Evangelist said...

...your story is lacking is a control group.

And just how many followers of The Way are exiled on islands, exactly?

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 12:42 PM

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, John. We're praying for you here in Ephesus!

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 1:12 PM

Simeon of Smyrna said...

I bet some people 2000 years from now will take all these visions literally...

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 1:43 PM

Polycarp said...

Flavius Flava Flave - I've known John for many years. I have never known him to lie about anything.

Simeon - LOL! That is if Jesus doesn't triumphantly return by then!

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 1:58 PM

Demetrius said...

And I was told, "You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and tongues and kings."

Wow! More prophesies! Can't wait!

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 2:21 PM

Just Another Happy Roman Citizen said...

I can't believe the junk you "followers of the Way" believe. This is precisely why the Roman Empire will crush your little religion and rule the world for centuries! Nice knowin' ya, losers!

YOM SHLISI, SIMANU 96 2:55 PM