AoftheA Has Moved!!!!!

Why are you here? I'm over here now:

Acts of the Apostasy...on WordPress!

Click the link and read all the new stuff! Your friends are over there waiting for you!

Instant "Acts"ess

You're one click away from AoftheA's most recent posts:

Today Is The Day
Get ready for it.
Okay Then, That Was Unexpected...
Weird.
Church Art Shouldn't Make You Say "Blech!"
Or cringe.
Cardinal Urges Priests To Liven Up Sermons
I got some ideas...
New Translation Objections Are Becoming More Ridiculous
Grasping at straws...
This Comes As No Surprise
Up with the ex-communicated!
Things A Catholic Ought Never Say
Watch your mouth!
Sister Patricia: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday
Catching up with Sr Pat.
Just Thought You'd Like To Know...
A public service announcement.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

"If You Love Me..."

Earlier this week - yesterday, in fact - President Obama went to the University of North Carolina to campaign for his new jobs bill, and he actually told the attendees:

"If you love me, you've got to help me pass this jobs bill."

Seriously, he said that. Can you imagine if other world leaders and famous persons had used that line?

President Ronald Reagan: "Gorbachev, if you love me, then tear down this wall!"

Bill Clinton: "Monica, if you love me..." Actually, he probably did use that line. Moving on...

John F Kennedy: "If you love me, then ask not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country!"

Churchill: "If you love me, you will never surrender!"

Or how about famous movie lines:

Dirty Harry: "If you love me, then go ahead and make my day."

Jerry Maguire: "If you love me, show me the money!"

Napoleon Dynamite: "If you love me, you've got to vote for Pedro."

Star Wars: "If you love me, you've got to use the Force, Luke."

The Godfather: "If you love me, leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Jaws: "If you love me, you're gonna need a bigger boat."

Airplane: "Surely you can't be serious!" "I am serious, and if you love me, stop calling me Shirley!"

Leave your own in the combox. Let's have a little fun. That is, if you love me...